Photography by Betty Alvarez
Wendy Kallergis, George Neary, Nashara Frazier
29th Annual South Florida Hospitality and Tourism Awards were held on November 21 at the Hyatt Regency in Miami. These awards were presented by the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism Advisory Board where the South Florida Tourism Professional of the Year as well as the Restaurant of the Year were announced.
The nominees for this year’s Tourism Professional of the Year were:
- Shelly Fano, Director, Hospitality Management Program, Miami Dade College
- Paul George, Resident Historian, History Miami Museum
- Carol L. Henderson, Vice President Business Development, Brightline
- Lynne Hernandez, South Florida Regional Director, Florida Restaurant Lodging Association
- Joe Louissaint, President, Show Technology, Inc.
- Grisette Marcos, Executive Director, Miami Beach Visitor & Convention Authority
The nominees for Restaurant of the Year are Christy’s, Edge Steak & Bar and Valls Restaurant Group.
Congratulations to Dr. Paul George and Edge Steak & Bar for winning in their respective categories.
Proceeds of the awards luncheon will benefit work-based learning activities and scholarships for the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism
students and professional development for teachers.